Links and notes from Sessions
Add a section for your session below so that those interested can begin/continue discussing.
Orphan Medical Devices
Once we hold the session (or before) we will add notes here to augment the discussion.
Separating services from housing: A SWOT Analysis – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
Open for discussion now . . . continuation through and after conference! What would you like to discuss during this session? Already have ideas/concerns? Share them now!
Agile software development and accessibility - How might we improve feedback on accessibility to software companies?
Comments from Group 1
- Inquire into the broader term "Accessibility" and what it means to different interest groups.
- Lack of knowledge and buy in from development. Improve education and outreach to the software development community on Accessibility and best practices.
- Market Accessibility as a worthwhile goal. For example, in federal contracts.
- Federal contracts
- Some federal contracts have
- Are they adequate? Some federal contracts have more "teeth" and that is how things become more shareable. Incentivize contracts.
- Investigate the possibility of open source software with automatic checks, open API and tools for Accessibility
- Investigate open API and tools
Comments from Group 2
- There is a level of frustration around accessibility.
- Websites who at the last-minute want to make it accessible.
- Government needs to take a role. Need more clout behind 508.
- How to best impress upon government, non-profit.
- Best & worst pools for Most Accessible and Least Accessible site.
- Frustration with disability community. Need to join together as a united voice.
- CA Digital Inclusion Project - Awares for innovation.
Comments from Group 3
- Currently no mechanism for feedback on either side.
- Database clearinghouse for people to report accessibility issues.
- A "good housekeeping" seal of approval
- Seek out developers at accessibility conferences.
- "Yelp" for accessibility ratings.